Monday, April 22, 2019

jesus-abad-colorado Conflict photos

The witness. Memories of the Colombian armed conflict in the lens and voice of Jesús Abad ColoradoCloister of San Agustín. National university of Colombia.
October 20 from 2018 to April 28, 2019

Dear Reader,
Please take a moment to visit one of the many excellent websites that report on this exhibition of photographs taken during the Colombian conflict.
Here are some of the photographs that I found either most moving, or caused in me the most reflection.
I regret that I present them in the manner that was true to my experience...mostly out of context.
Children's drawings from villages.
Depicting the peace they dream of...
 The deaths of villagers...
Bodies floating down the river...
 Real people...
 a father survives with one child
 Too young to know...
 a child recruit

 bodies from a slaughter
Too horrible to remember...





child soldier



\
Too terrible to forget.
 Mother of a 'disappeared'

6.5 million people dead or displaced.

Holding these ideas in my head, with the beauty of the people I meet daily, is difficult and sometimes I do not have good days.

No comments:

Post a Comment